• Welcome to *AUS* Network Forums.

Star Wars Battlefront

Started by TK 421, September 11, 2016, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK 421

So, does anyone play?

I bought it at launch, but have only just really gotten into it now. I'm hopelessly terrible at it, but would love to play with a few people.

gusrulz

I have the game but don't have it installed at the moment. I struggle to find any games apart from Walker Assault and that gets pretty repetitive after a while. I don't know if it's better with all of the DLC but it's certainly more enjoyable with friends. It's a very authentic feeling game though (both visually and audibly)

spook

Last time I played (23rd June) I ended up raging at the game due to bunny hoping quick scope players and uninstalled it plus I don't own the season pass so no DLC for me.

Am keen to reinstall it as its the closest playing title to the BF1 release if we can get a full squad going.

TK 421

I bought the season pass a few days ago, and it separates the playlists into DLC, so there is a rotation for the base game, one for Outer Rim and one for Bespin (not sure if this is how most modern FPS handle DLC or not). I'm not sure if it's a problem at my end, a problem with the matchmaking service or simply because the install base isn't big enough on PC, but I can only ever seem to find a match (occasionally) on the base game and it's always walker assault which, like you said, gets stale rather quickly.

I've only managed to find a game on the Bespin playlist once and never got to play fighter squadron (which is actually the only real reason I wanted the DLC) so I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Would love to get some sort of squad together though!

Shadow

So is there anyone who actually plays this? My family has a copy of it on the Xbox One but I've never played because it seemed rather repetitive when watching, but with holidays coming up for uni I'd be up for buying it on PC maybe if people do play? Miss playing SWBF2, haha, are those servers even up anymore?

TK 421

It's no SWBFII, but it definitely has the look and feel of Star Wars, and with all the DLC it actually shaped up to be a decent game. I haven't jumped on in a few months now, but if you were to buy it I would definitely play it with you.

Dward

Yeah I bought the original plus all the DLC however I didn't play it for that long as I found it very repetitive. The new DLC's look cool from the videos I have watched but with BF1, FIFA17 and Fallout (yep still playing that!) I don't have the time to play Battlefront again.

In good news though they have announced the sequel to it! It is launching next year. Will be interested to see how they change things up.

spook

maybe but i dont own any DLC's and wont lay down the $$ till they are cheaps as fk.

spook

season pass is cheap as but the player count is vvveeerryyyy low, anyone playing?

JB

I have it but never played it.  Go it as part of Origin Access  :D

TK 421

I play occasionally. If you we got a few interested people I would love to have a game or two somewhat regularly

MrAussieDevil

season pass for it is currently free on origin