• Welcome to *AUS* Network Forums.

FarCry (Cheap asses)

Started by Clinton, January 21, 2004, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmo

Visco started a server - under LAN. Its awesome B)

Clinton

That was awsome tonight guys..............................:)

Viscosity

Lov'n it :), the game shows some real attn to detail and strats. Bullshit graphics, check this out (some screenshots from the "very large lan" we had going tonight.

Clinton

JB

DSL

Looks like my tv when I turn the color up too much. :lol:

Hawkeye

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton

Screenie by Viscosity

hahaha CLint Vis took the photo he can't be in it, that is me leaning over like a tosswash
Originally posted by DSL
Hawkeye is correct.

Hawkeye

this game goes off the Assualt will be the Format for the many ladders for this game though
Originally posted by DSL
Hawkeye is correct.

Clinton

Yeah,.....I would'nt be in a clan like this as much as i would like to,....but i think it will be big.....

Camouflage

Will Code For Food | Hackusations etc BF2 (1) | BF2 (2) | BFH | BC2 | MOH | BF3 | Hardline

Clinton

QuoteOriginally posted by Camouflage

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/farcrydvdonly.shtml

Thank god I have a DVDROM.......^_^

Edit:

Ubisoft has confirmed that its upcoming, Crytek developed, Far Cry game for the PC will only be released on DVD. This move marks a departure from the simultaneous multi-CD and DVD release which is currently practiced by most publishers.

Although most high-end PC's do carry a DVD-ROM there are still quite a few systems out there without such a drive. This would, for all intents and purposes, make the game unattainable for owners of such systems. In fact, it would seem that Ubisoft is using this move to indicate that if you have a medium to low-end PC you shouldn't even attempt to play Far Cry. DVD-ROMs have become very cheap however, so the actual prospect of playing the game should be reason enough for gamers to integrate a drive into their system.

With Far Cry becoming the biggest title this spring and with previews and reviews of the game claiming it's a must-have title, it would seem that Ubisoft are risking a lot. Adding a DVD to a system may be a simple task for most but many do not have the know-how to do so. If nothing else, this move by Ubisoft could prove annoying for a lot of potential Far Cry customers.

ICE-CaNNoN

halfwits.

Someone put them on commercial suicide watch in that cell for computer software piraters they are in...

*AUS* VC Division Founder
*AUS* Network Player of the Month - January 2003
*AUS* DF Member
JO life member, ex BF member

Clinton

Yeah,...pity they are cheap asses like me.......^_^

Russell

Camouflage

Me neither - nor a tv type dvd player.
Both will be on my list later in the year I'd say.  Plus a dvd burner, digitial foxtel, new Mp3 player (my last one I got back in 99). Not sure what else yet.  New graphics card might be the way to go.

Will Code For Food | Hackusations etc BF2 (1) | BF2 (2) | BFH | BC2 | MOH | BF3 | Hardline