• Welcome to *AUS* Network Forums.

Angel Falls

Started by OZSlayer, October 17, 2011, 08:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZSlayer

Its HERE....................................

http://www.novalogic.com/alphaone.html

get in a sign up , gold members get in 1st

Brains*AUS*

Im still not getting my hopes up :(

JB

garmius

lol notify me of the actual release  :mad:

JB

garmius

JB

Na hope not.  All the best for Nova but I think they had lost alot of die hard fans for keeping them in the dark but saying that if the game is to be a good game then they will come back.  Just hope they don't let us down as we have be waiting a very long time.  I wouldn't know how to play in a match anymore its been that long lol  :eek:

OZSlayer

It will be good to play a FPS with out all the bonus Mortars etc., I hope they don't go down that Road.

We will see how it goes with the Alpha testing, I'm not too fussed about the best graphics, it needs good hit boxes, objects destructible, and the same game play of JO and it will keep me happy. What I have seen it will be as good if not better than most games out already. Best part will be the call of duty spammers will not like and stay away. Well fingers crossed.

OZSlayer

shevermin

Oz come play BF3,    Angel Falls has to be at least 12 to 18 months away, there will be no local servers, even if there are they will be the same abortion as DFX2....

At the most it will be a game engine with a single player mode the same as DFX2..

Nova is nothing more than a $9.95 bargin bin game company these days don't hold your breath for anything better than Sniper Ghost Warrior....

128 player frostbite 2 powered servers will be up and running some form or battlefield before Nova release anything. Arma 3 will also be out by the end of 2012 and their development and community are lightyears ahead of the rabble left at nova.

Sorry Oz, I know you love the game but it's time to move on.

ps If you truly liked JO because of it's sim style gameplay go play Arma2, now that is a true sim, in the end we were running and gunning in JO like any modern shooter.

JB

Shev I am hearing you there however some of us are still holding faith in Nova.  There is some realy good games coming soon as you have said however Nova may just prove alot of ppl wrong or flop like most us us expect it to be considering the past few years.  If I didn't have faith then I would have requested through Camo to call it a day with the DF Div and close the doors.  Only time will time and until then I will be happy playing BF3, MW3, MOH and MOH2 if it gets released  ;)

OZSlayer

Hi Shev, I had access to the pre beta release of BF3, pity that Origin muffed up and was not able to get it running on my system. Then came the official beta still with no fix or any intelligent reply till after it had finished. Even then it was to thank me for all the testing and that it will help them but they still could not get it working.  Their support guys are a joke with no idea. Gees Windows 7 ultimate 64bit must be so hard for them to get their heads around. Wasted heaps of time trying all sorts fixes that at times crashed my system many times.  Unless they have a demo I can test I'm not sure if I want to waste the money.

Getting sick of these releases that are so buggy, in the industry really needs to get their act together and start producing quality not quantity.  The issue is that so many game companies are run by accountants and not real gamers like NOVALOGIC. yes they sux at marketing etc. but their games have always been great.

:eek:

shevermin

Hey Oz I hear you, I think I got it working for maybe 10 hours of game time through the beta stage and I had early access. I would tell you my stats but I can't seem to log back into battlelog.

But I've had BBC2 running 3 screens full speed since the beta, every patch an improvement. Then the release of MOH, that was the same engine tweeked, and that ran sweet. Dice are going to deliver on this because their track record is one of the better one's in gaming at the moment.

I don't mean to bash Nova, JO was awesome, but if they sell 100 thousand copies of Angel Falls it would crash the servers for a month and the game would be dead, thats their track record.

Xënã

People learn from mistakes ... especially costly ones.  Let's hope that Nova has done the same.   ;)

Gunny

If they screw the pooch this time it will be all over for them ;)